Tuesday 7 March 2023

MARGARET'S BROTHER JOHN

 

The McCluggage Line I have in Larne is Robert 1795 - 1879 m to Mgt Moore with 8 children from 1819 - 1840
His brother Wm b 1799 is my direct line and he married Mgt Darroch/Darragh and they lived near Portglenone and had 7 children from 1820 - 1838 
 
It is possible they had 2 more brothers but as yet I have no DNA links to them so can't prove anything - they are James b 1782 married Agnes Murphy and lived at Ballygarvey outside Ballymena 
 
Lastly is John b cir 1781 who lived in Ahogill - I only know of him as he appears as a witness to some marriages. It is possible that he was the father to your Margaret - so I did a bit of hunting and I would say his is the death of your Margaret brother John b cir 1832 - 1890- darn it a bachelor - had this one for a while with no indication as to where he fitted, Mgt registered the death - The only thing is Margaret and John were born in early 1830's and that John b 1781 would have been 50 which is not impossible esp if he married twice or married late. I can find no death for him after 1864 using any of the many different spellings of the name. I have all deaths for that name in Larne and Ballymena Reg district and only one I could not attach anywhere was the John below. All the other John's I have were only children or early teens when John and margaret were born = sorry I could not help more but I will keep an eye out for him

No comments:

Post a Comment