Monday 6 February 2023

BROWN FAMILY GLYNN

 I have discovered that (through my mother's side of my family) I am related to William Brown who is mentioned on the Glynn war memorial. (See attachment.)

His great grandparents Harriet and Joseph Foster were my great great great grandparents.

 William Brown's parents were Samuel Brown (born 1847) and Harriet Evans (born 1848).

Samuel Brown's father (William Brown's grandfather) was a farmer who was also called Samuel.

Harriet Evan's parents were Francis Evans (a farmer) and Margaret Foster.

Margaret Foster's parents were Harriet and Joseph Foster.

William Brown's grandmother Margaret Foster was my great great great aunt. She had a brother called William Foster who was my great great grandfather.

William had five siblings; John, Samuel, Frank, Mary and Maggie.So far I have only researched John....

 John Evans Brown was born in 1874. He became a sailor.

 On the 6th August 1906 he married Martha Rea (both were from Glynn) in the Old Meeting House. She was pregnant when they married as three months later on 3rd November 1906 she gave birth to a daughter who they called Margaret.

 She had (at least) four more children...

Samuel Brown (born 1909)

John Brown (born 1914)

Francis Brown (born 1916)

Martha Rea Brown (born 1920)





No comments:

Post a Comment